Facial-recognition technology can reveal both positive and negative impacts of behaviors on your future health.
Alignment to NC Essential Standards
- 9.PCH.1.7 — Health
- Students will describe facial-recognition technology.
- Students will describe the potential of facial analytics as a health-care tool.
- List two health behaviors that can affect your facial features.
- Describe why long-term smoking can lead to wrinkles.
- How Does Facial Technology Work?
- Face Recognition Software Diagnoses Rare Disorder — Nature World News
- Facial-Recognition Technology Could Soon Predict Your Lifespan — Big Think
- The New Face of Aging — Port City Daily
- What is facial recognition, and how does it work?
- What are two health behaviors discussed in the video that can affect facial features?
- What specific impact does long-term smoking have that can lead to wrinkles in certain facial areas?
- Critical Thinking: In the video, Dr. Ricanek says he “can see nothing but how we can help humanity with (facial-recognition) technology.” Do you agree? Why or why not?