Dengue fever and Chikungunya are serious viral illnesses for which there is no vaccine. Vaccine hunters, using basic research and hypothesis testing, have discovered a genetic modification protocol that makes the virus non viable in humans.
NGSS Performance Expectation: Analyze a major global challenge to specify qualitative and quantitative criteria and constraints for solutions that account for societal needs and wants.
- What is Dengue fever and how is it transmitted?
- What is Chikungunya and where does it occur?
- How does a vaccine work?
- What is the history of vaccines throughout history?
- How are the researchers in the video making the vaccine safe for humans?
- What is the history of distribution of the Asian Tiger Mosquito in the U.S.?