Tidal creeks are the link from stormwater runoff to the estuaries and the ocean. Researchers are studying the dynamics of tidal creeks and what lives in them, so communities can better protect this unique, fragile and vital habitat for coastal life.
NGSS Performance Expectation: Develop a model using an example to describe ways the geosphere, biosphere, hydrosphere, and/or atmosphere interact.
NC Essential Science Standard (Earth and Environment Science): Explain how the lithosphere, hydrosphere, and atmosphere individually and collectively affect the biosphere.
- What are the measurements taken about the hydrosphere?
- What are the measurements taken about the lithosphere?
- What are the measurements taken about the atmosphere?
- How is the hydrosphere impacting the biosphere?
- How is the biosphere impacting the lithosphere?
- Climatica – Tools for Climate Educators
- Earth System Science - Tools for Climate Educators
- Interaction in Climate Science – Animation
- Eastern Oyster, A Keystone Species – Oyster Restoration Information