North Carolina is the gaming industry’s East Coast hub. Changing technology, innovation, interactive gaming and e-learning all combine to transform a line of data on the screen into serious gaming.
NGSS Performance Expectation: Use a computer simulation to model the impact of proposed solutions to a complex real-world problem with numerous criteria and constraints on interactions within and between systems relevant to the problem.
- Who uses math in gaming? The developer, the user or both?
- How are the developers using “systems thinking?”
- What is gamification?
- What makes a game a good teaching method?
- What are soft skills?
- Playing to Learn — Stanford Unversity
- Gamification Infographic — Knewton, Inc.
- Soft Skills to Pay the Bills — U.S. Department of Labor